Friday, January 17, 2014

Reviews for The Northstar Books, by Posy Roberts

Oh where do I even begin? One day my friend (already told you I get rec's from friends) told me to read Spark and Fusion by Posy Roberts. Flare wasn't released yet. So I did and... Oh My Heavens! Spark was exactly that. It just got your attention, and with an amplified grace hooked you into the lives of Hugo and Kevin. The journey they traveled to get to the present was rocky, heartbreaking and fantastic. I found myself cheering for them, crying with them and even cursing... A LOT!

Then came Fusion. Sweet Lordy Lordy! I think Kleenex's stock went up for a time while I read this. The passion, the strains all the characters faced in this book tore me apart. As sad as parts of it were, it was beyond realistic, and it forced you to see that life is full of imperfections but that love will always raise you up. When Fusion ended, my heart was sore. My eyes red, and of course I wanted MORE!!!

FLARE! This is the book that concludes Hugo and Kevin's journey and when it was finished it felt like losing a friend. All of the books tackled real world issues but Flare in particular made you open your eyes and see! Between legal struggles, societies acceptance and hatred you understand that it's not rainbows and unicorns. Sometimes its gray skies and raging bulls. Posy Robert's didn't skimp on anything here, and I can't commend her enough for that.

Every feel there is in the world will be felt throughout this series. I wanted to live in their world because through all the bad, they persevered and found the good, and it really is a series about the power of love. Outstanding series! One of the best by far.



2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! What a wonderful things to read on a Friday! Thank you for your kind words about Hugo and Kevin, and me. *blush*

    ReplyDelete